Find whatever you want!

Thursday 8 September 2011

Kristin Chenoweth Has “Some Lessons Learned” | Country Music


Kristin Chenoweth, accomplished actress, singer and self-identifying Christian, has said that being gay is not a sin and that she thinks being gay is the same as her being short — it’s just the way people are born.

These comments were made as part of an interview with gay glossy The Advocate in which Chenoweth, perhaps best known for her role as Glinda in the Tony award-winning musical adaptation of Wicked, talks about her part in upcoming ABC drama Good Christian Belles and the release of her fourth studio album Some Lessons Learned.




In the interview Chenoweth says that just because she is a Christian it doesn’t mean she blindly follows what others say her religion asks of her, and that instead she relies on the old adage of “What would Jesus do?”, affirming she doesn’t believe Jesus would walk around saying “You’re going to hell” and “You’re wrong, you’re wrong, you’re wrong,” but would instead be accepting and loving of people.

Chenoweth, herself a straight woman, also elaborates on her belief about people being born gay, saying, “What would I do if it was a sin to be short? That’s the way God made me, so what could I do? Let’s see, I could wear heels, I could tease my hair, and maybe on a good day I could be 5’1″. But the bottom line is, I’m 4’11″ and that’s the way I was put together. And that’s what I believe about homosexuals.





Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment