Find whatever you want!

Friday 9 September 2011

How We Listened After September 11 | VH1 Blog


11 September 2001 we were on Long Island at a company outside the site.During a break, I went back to my room and he collected a Jill message telling me that he an event planned for the next day "to" had been cancelled for obvious reasons. He was on the street of the World Trade Center in the Wall Street Journal, they have taken place. The meeting was to launch my new book and cancel me furious. I called your voice mail, left a powerful message and at the bottom of the phone at a time. On the way back to my meeting interrupted when I saw a group gathered in the bar and got an explanation of the barman when the first tower fell. It was with disbelief and noted as the second collapsed.

Later, not sure what else to do, trying to stay of our meeting. But it was useless. Our New York Office was located, only half a mile from the WTC, and many of our employees live in the area. Finally, he broke the meeting and all gone in different directions. I walked the beach for a while, then later night went to the House of my agent, who sat by the pool and drank desperate. At this point, I remember him vary me while he was in a block of snails peering through a crack in the granary of Jackson Pollock, and then later, apparently eating in a restaurant where I went back to back with Alec Baldwin. You never know because I stubbornly refused to revolve around and look. I hardly remember driving to my hotel at midnight, weaving between ditch and middle of the line.

I spent most of the next day on the phone with my agent, travel and Avis. When I finally got through, she told me to bring back to the car "as you can, where you can." Peep and I decided to drive to Chicago, the next morning, because there is no other way was again. Though good to peep in his sixties, older age, most of the road two decades ended. It would be to try to drive, but after a few minutes they nearly fall, my head would happen in my chest and my arms and legs filled with cement, and would have to retire. When led on one of the bridges to New Jersey, I don't remember which one, I looked back over my shoulder and frown when I saw the skyline of Manhattan, two plumes of smoke where the towers should be. It was not prepared for that.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment