Find whatever you want!

Tuesday 6 September 2011

America's Got Talent: Recap September 6, 2011


Tonight they've gone with a football theme. Hmm. It made them feel more like a football halftime performance than a ballroom dancing troupe. It was still good and there was still all the tricks we're used to, but it just felt ... off. The drummers and basket tosses and the silly mascot didn't work for me. I 'm not sure totally how to describe it, but I think Miami All Stars just blew it from advancing to the Top 5 (not that I thought they were one of the favorites anyway). I agree with Piers that it became a cheerleading act.




Oh wow, Lys' mom is super pretty, love the old picture of her. In her package when she says she's going "nontraditional," I get worried. Messing with what works at this stage is not usually the answer. As the strains of Aerosmith's "Dream On" kick up, I get even more nervous. And then a very thick drag queen-y voice comes out of her. It takes me awhile to decide if I like it, but I have to say - no. I don't. This is weird, it's off-putting and she sounds like a male Cher impersonator and her last high note is off pitch. I'm very disappointed, I think that was a silly risk to take on her part. With her good looks, sad story and emotional opera performances, she was a shoo-in for Top 5 and I think she just blew it. Honestly, I think the only thing that will save her is Piers' critique. He's the Simon - his critiques can make or break you.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment